Microsoft Mouse problem

chestnutcake 18:47 PM 19 Dec 11

Hi I have a Microsoft Comfort Optical Mouse 3000 which has always been extremely useful because of the Magnifying function that I occasionally use. Now though, when I activate this, the magnification is enormous and furthermore the screen jumps around erraticlly, and it is impossible to read anything. This mouse is still available so I am wondering whether to buy a replacement. I also understand there is an updated version the 4500 Model though when I read the spec of this, I did not notice anything about it having a magnifier. Has anyone experienced this problem with the Optical 3000 and if so, is it something that can be corrected??

Ian in Northampton 18:58 PM 19 Dec 11

I can't answer your question: but did you know you can 'magnify' web pages by using Control and + and reduce magnification with Control and - ? That probably doesn't help at all...

chestnutcake 19:14 PM 19 Dec 11

Ian,

Well, I tried what you advised and Yes, your suggestion is spot on. I had not heard about this previously and am very grateful for your response.

Many thanks

Ian in Northampton 19:19 PM 19 Dec 11

Excellent - glad to have helped.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia Z5 review: Hands-on with the phone which the Z3+ should have been

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Get your photos turned into illos by some of the world’s best artists

What to expect at the September Apple event: Apple announces 9 September event, sends out invites