Microsoft Money transfer to new PC

Listerman1066 17:22 26 Jul 14

HI everyone this is my first time on the forum, so pleas forgive any errors. I have just purchased new desktop PC and have been told I will have trouble transfering my old Microsoft Money 97 program overfrom old PC. Old PC run MS Money 97 on XP OS. What are my options to either upgrade MS Money to latest version or transfer to new PC. Any help will be much appreciated. Cheers Listerman1066

wee eddie 19:05 26 Jul 14

Apart from anything else. MS Money has not been replaced or updated for several years.

Not very helpful really and there seems to be no general concensus as to the best replacement

Pine Man 19:37 26 Jul 14

Download Microsoft Money Sunset version. It is free and works on windows 8 and should update your old files ok. It will not download statements from banks etc.

rdave13 19:43 26 Jul 14

Have a look at Money Plus Sunset Deluxe . It works on 8.1 , you can sign in with your Windows account if needed. No need to register as no longer supported. You might be able to configure it to your liking.

rdave13 19:44 26 Jul 14

Pine Man , you beat me to it. I had to install it just to make sure it works before recommending it.

Jollyjohn 20:11 26 Jul 14

Thanks for the answers, I am going to try Money Plus. Currently I run XP on Virtualbox simply to be able to run MS Money.

Ian in Northampton 08:53 27 Jul 14

Just in case it ever helps anyone: I can confirm that Money 97 runs fine on Windows 7.

Listerman1066 17:02 29 Jul 14

Many thanks to "meckKB 2". I do still have the original disk for MS Money97, like all old codgers I seem to save everything. Also thanks to "rdave 13" I will take a look at MS Money plus Sunset as soon as I'm up and running on the new PC.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

What I learned from my mentor, Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Phil Tippett

Siri vs Google Assistant