Microsoft Money 2000 data lost.

timothywilliam 16:15 10 Aug 07

I run XP and have Microsoft Money 2000. Been using it since 2002 without problems but now all the data I inputted has gone. I get a Money Home Page which asks me to input financial data starting from basic. Luckily I always do a back-up and I now go into this and Restore and all is OK but its irritating to have to do this every time. I have tried putting the Back Up version on a CD with the idea of going into the money programme and using Import, but it is not possible to get a Restored file onto a CD. Possibly a Security idea. Anyone any ideas how I can get the Restored file into the normal money programme file please ?

Greengage 16:39 10 Aug 07

I am not quite sure exactly what "Restore" you are doing but as you have to do this every time it is obvious,as you say, that Restore Backup is not being effected. Go into MS Money opening page and I believe there is a box that says something along the lines of Inputting info later or words to that effect, or perhaps Continue. You want to get to the screen that enables you to click on File on the Toolbar. Do this and then click Restore Backup. Then click Restore from Backup. When the next screen comes up it will probably not show where your Backup file is so click Open a different Backup File. If it again does not show the location of your Backup file click Select another Backup File and direct it to where your Backup is on your PC/CD/Disk. It should,then, with a bit of luck start the restore.

Greengage 16:46 10 Aug 07

A further thought, have you looked in My Documents to see whether there is another Money file/program there which contains your data - ie could the program you are opening be the main program and not your own personal Money file?

timothywilliam 17:10 10 Aug 07

Greengage- you got it right. I found the programme in a My Documents sub-folder and just moved it out to the Desktop. Works fine. Many thanks. Timothy.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac