Microsoft Messenger won’t send video

robbg 08:51 10 May 03

Anyone help please?
I used to run Win 98 and had no trouble with the video as Messenger used to automatically start Net Meeting, and then I moved to Win XP. Now it no longer opens the Net Meeting, instead it opens its own little black box at the side, with a small picture of a camera with a cross in it. It just won’t run. My friend in New Zealand runs Win98, so he has to invite me to the camera meeting, and good enough Net Meeting starts.
The problem is he has now mover to Win XP, so neither of us can get the Net Meeting to start or get the camera working in our Messenger. We have switched off our firewalls but still no luck. I have read through all the help files on the internet but where it says, “show my video as picture in picture”, that part is whited out, so my friend or myself cannot tick the box. The voice conversation works fine.
Just getting a picture, if anyone can help please
Regards
Robbg

fitfella29 09:06 10 May 03

you could try yahoo messenger that has a webcam feature which works pretty well.

powerless 09:12 10 May 03

Start > Run > Type:

CONF

Click ok and this will open up netmeeting.

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 09:35 10 May 03

If you send each other your ip adresses you should be able to make a call that way i send mine to a friend who uses xp and thats how they able to start.Also you could try msn messenger not the one built into xp.

The Spires 10:12 10 May 03

Are you using a firewall, if so try disabling it, if it works then you may need to open a port up.

robbg 20:19 10 May 03

Please when do we type in CONF?
Also we both have one another’s MSN and our ISP’s address’es. I don’t understand or know what you mean, when you say "send each other our “ip” address’es". Please explain
Also I thought that MSN Messenger wasn’t recommended for XP, but we will certainly give it a try.
Also yes we have our firewalls disabled.
Thank you all for your help so far. I will keep this open as I don’t get to see him for another week, so will let you know how we get on.
Regards Robbg

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…