microsoft messenger

eddie937 21:12 04 Jan 03
  eddie937 21:12 04 Jan 03

why can't i send files with msm?the files are small.i can recieve them but cant send them .why?please help.thanks

eddie937 21:23 04 Jan 03

i meant msn messenger

eddie937 21:49 04 Jan 03

i have disabled my firewall and it still won't send files

powerless 21:53 04 Jan 03

Is it just to the one person you cant send them to or is it a few people?

eddie937 21:54 04 Jan 03

i can't send to anyone

eddie937 22:09 04 Jan 03

i can talk to people and they can talk to me i just can't send files.help me.

michelleuk 02:02 05 Jan 03

Hi,

You may have already accessed and followed this, but just in case, this is from their help site.

You can send a variety of files: music, pictures, or documents.

Choose the contact to whom you want to send the file in one of these ways: • In the main window, right-click the name of an online contact, and click Send a File or Photo.
–or–
• In the main window on the File menu, click Send a File or Photo, click a contact's name, and then click OK.
–or–
• In the conversation window on the File menu, click Send a File or Photo.

In the Send a File dialog box, click the file you want to send, and then click Open. (To find the file you want to send, double-click folders to open them or click the Up One Level button at the top to move up in the file directory.)
The request to transfer the file is immediately sent; you are notified when it is accepted by the recipient. You can click Cancel to stop the file transfer at any time.

Notes

You can also drag and drop a file on a contact in your list to send it.
You can send a file to anyone who has a Microsoft .NET Passport (and MSN Messenger or Windows Messenger). On the File menu, click Send a File or Photo; on the Other tab, type the person's .NET Passport address, and click OK. Proceed with step 2 above.
If you are on a local area network with a firewall (as you may be in a corporation), you may not be able to send files to contacts outside the firewall. If you are in this situation, remember that you can use Hotmail (or your default e-mail account) to send files.

I have never sent an attachement document or photo whilst talking, so I don't know if what the above does make it work, but I tried looking for a troubleshooter in case they had something specifics to test if nothing happens, they didn't list any thing as such.

Take Care
Michelle:-)
click here (My own website)

« Ravin » 06:58 05 Jan 03

go to control panel and click on network connections . right click your internet connection and click on properties and go to the "advanced" tab where ther's an option to disale the xp firewall...under that there's a button labeled "settings" click on that.
now you should be looking at the services tab. click on "add"

under description, fill it up with what ever you want .. i used msn messenger.

under name fill in your computer name ( right click my computer > properties> computer name tab)

this is the important part..fill in both the internal and external port number with "6891"

click ok and make sure that the msn messenger is checked in the services tab.

now try and see if you can send a file using messenger.

eddie937 09:28 05 Jan 03

nah, still doesn't send files

« Ravin » 13:20 05 Jan 03

do you or any of the people you send files to have any other firewall installed?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date and features: Google Allo is…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…