Microsoft Media player for pocket pc

Ken22 23:03 01 Aug 04

Help
I don't know if it is me, I have been trying to download windows media player for a pocket pc but don't seem to be able to get the correct link can anyone help

terryr48 23:31 01 Aug 04

Try here click here

Ken22 23:50 01 Aug 04

I have tried to download wmp 7.1 from your suggested link, I tried to install came back with an error " The connected device is not supported with this version of media player"
any other thoughts / links

terryr48 00:04 02 Aug 04

You could try looking on the microsoft mobile site click here there may be some advice here.

terryr48 00:07 02 Aug 04

I have found you can download version9 from here
click here

Ken22 23:48 02 Aug 04

Again thanks for all your help, however I followed the link and tried to down load WMP 9 from this page, did not have any success. Which link do you go to?? I followed the one for media player 9. All I got was a copy of the version I have on my desk top.
Thanks
Ken 22

terryr48 00:39 03 Aug 04

I have just been on microsoft uk home page trawled through to uk windows mobile pocket pc about the software -take the tour page 9 of 11 brings you to windows media player series 9 for pocket pc, but if you click on the link-learn more about wmp series 9 for pocket pc you come to the one for the desktop.I reckon your best bet is to e-mail microsoft for some advice. sorry I can't help anymore I wish I could.

Ken22 19:44 03 Aug 04

Yes I would have to agree with every thing you said. Thanks for all your help

Ken22 20:24 12 Aug 04

Terryr48
I had a though to go back to the origonal disc I got with the ppc and there it was deep within the disc, wmp is not always embedded into the os and is considered a bolt on. My advice for any one else in my situation is to check out the software supplied you may be surprised!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…