Microsoft ME Boot startup.

Norker 21:59 09 Jan 05

When I startup my computer using ME O.S; I now receive the following popup problems -:

1. RUNDLL Error loading POWRPROF. dll. One of the library files needed to run this application cannot be found. Okay.

2. A required Dll file, set up AP1. Dll was not found.

The computer eventually starts up but I am unable to open several software programmes afterwords for use!

Can you help me please with advice to rectify my problems? Thank you in anticipation of a favoured reply.

For information I have a Pentium 3 Processor.

keverne 22:44 09 Jan 05
  sattman 23:03 09 Jan 05

Or alternatively re-install windows ME on top of the existing

A3 23:16 09 Jan 05

If you load ME over the top of one already there, it may not rectify your problem. I have had a couple of similar problems and the only way to sort them was to load the floppy boot disk and the manufacturers ME Recovery disk to enter ME Recovery (This was recommended by the manufacturer). Once there, select QUICK INSTALL WINDOWS ME, NO FORMAT. This will back-up all your files and re-install ME. This bit doesn't take long, but you then have to re-install all your extra programs and software, which does take a while. My machine actually worked better after the tidy up. Hope this helps.

sattman 19:22 11 Jan 05

Why I suggest the option I did was because it would appear that a dll file is damaged or has got corrupted. True installing over the top will not repair all damage but it will check and replace all damaged or missing files.
The other benifit is that it will not change any other setting or programmes

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…