Microsoft Live OneCare

Splodge 17:25 09 Aug 08

Just under 3 months ago, I installed the trial program and recommended it here. I got some flak!

Well, I removed ALL my other protection and, taking care to back-up regularly relied solely on it.

You might be interested to know that I have had absolutely no problems with it and I intend to buy a licence next week!

What I did retain are: the CCleaner, the Glarysoft Registry Repair and Regclean. I also had the 10Bit defrag version 5 but I allowed it to install version 6 and it played havoc with some of my programs, "Sidebar" for example. Soon repaired though.

It gives the option to block outbound connections and if you have blocked any inform you of the attempts.

All-in-all well worth it from my point of view and I have lots on, including banking. Incidentally I have seen earlier versions offered but am not sure if they are automatically dated like the current version.

Hope that helps anyone else. And, it saves a lot of time, manually looking for updates and upgrades and running them individually.

J B 17:35 09 Aug 08

Good on you, I use Onecare and have done so for over a year now and I like it. Runs in the background as a service, the price is right and I get good support. It gets better with each update. J.B.

Cmdr Vimes 23:33 09 Aug 08

I am currently using it and have had no problems with it. Works very well on my PC.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…