Microsoft LifeCam VX-1000

Garden nome 09:40 08 May 10

Hi you friendly experts,
My daughter lives approximately 200 miles away and we see her about 3/4 times per year. We also have a grandson 10 months old and to keep in regular touch I bought a Microsoft LifeCam VX-1000 Web Cam.Since installing it each time I boot up, I receive a smallish Black Screen with control buttons and then a dialog box appears informing me that LifeCam.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. I have sent an error report to Microsoft but I still have the same problem. Obviously I can't gain access to this black screen and don't even know what it's function is. Every else works fine I can communicate with my daughter with no problem. Sorry for rambling on but this black screen must have some function.
I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Web Cam but the problem still persists.
Many thanks,
Garden Nome.

chub_tor 10:53 08 May 10

If it is happening each time you boot up then there is a programme trying to run at startup. Go to Start and look for Run, click on it to open up a box and type msconfig and hit Enter. Look for the Start Up Tab in msconfig and untick the box that mentions Microsoft LifeCam. Click OK and you will be asked to re-boot. Next time you boot up with a bit of luck the black screen won't come up.

Then check with your communications programme (Skype or whatever) that your LifeCam is still working OK.

The msconfig trick does not fix the problem but it does stop it from happening on boot up. This link click here might help you understand what I have suggested.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5