Microsoft and legal software

confused2 08:19 16 Mar 07

I purchased Publisher 2002 Stand alone and Work Suite 2002 both full software not OEM. My problem is I can load updates from Windows Update web site no problem but if I go to Office web site and try to check if there are any updates I'm told by the system at Microsoft that neither of these programmes have been activated? If I try and activate I'm told that these have been activated. Microsoft as a company will not help unless I pay £40 for a one off technical support fee! Has anyone out there experiencing this problem and if so what the solution? As I begrudge given anymore money to this company when the problem has been caused by Microsoft!

crosstrainer 09:00 16 Mar 07

You only mention Publisher and works in your post...Works is the poor relation of Office, and as such if it's not on your system then you can't upgrade it.

confused2 10:27 16 Mar 07

Sorry I should of stated that it was Word 2002 not works that was causing the problem

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…