Microsoft Internet Explorer Page - position of.

LAP 20:29 27 Apr 03

My wifes computer uses Win 95 on starting up the other day the Microsoft Internet Explorer window did not appear in its correct position on the monitor. The right hand side of the screen has moved to the right so that only just the edge of the scroll bar is visible and the bottom half inch is behind the task bar. The task bar is in the correct position.
All other software runs in its correct position. Adjusting the monitor settings make no difference. Can you help please?

hugh-265156 20:33 27 Apr 03

can you drag the screen back with the mouse?

VoG™ 20:37 27 Apr 03

.......... and if you can then File/Close and the next time she opens it, it should be in the correct place and the right size.

LAP 20:44 27 Apr 03

will not let me drag.

hugh-265156 21:14 27 Apr 03

try pressing Ctrl & n does the screen open correctly?

LAP 21:42 27 Apr 03

Tried it huggyg71 still no good, anymore ideas? LAP

hugh-265156 21:50 27 Apr 03

try right clicking the corner of the screen and then click move.

LAP 22:17 27 Apr 03

thanks huggyg71 and all. I persisted with the clicking and in the end got the result I wanted..I dragged the task bar to the left hand side and the Explorer Page moved over revealing all the scroll bar and it also moved up leaving a gap where the task bar should be. Replaced task bar back down on the bottom and everything is now tickety boo. Thanks very much..LAP.

flecc 22:17 27 Apr 03

This is a known fault. To get the IE window back in place involves a registry edit to delete two elements which have become corrupted, but don't be fearful of doing that since this is a safe area of the registry to work in. Windows automatically replaces these with good elements once the corrupted ones have been deleted.

Click Start, Run, type: regedit ,and press Enter. Now click Registry, Export, select All, and save a backup to the Desktop for safety's sake. Now use the + signs next to the folders to navigate to:-

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\window_placement

and delete window_placement. Now navigate to:-

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Desktop\OldWorkAreas

and delete OldWorkAreas. Close the registry editor, do a Restart, and IE will be back in place.

flecc 22:19 27 Apr 03

That's in case the fault returns which it's prone to do sometimes after it's happened once.

LAP 22:30 27 Apr 03

flecc.. thanks for your imput which I have copied for safe keeping just in case when she starts up tomorrow 'the wheel comes off' and it's back where it started, in which case I'll use your suggestion ..thank you ..LAP..

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…