Microsoft Intellipoint software

Enkel 21:13 07 Dec 05

This may seem a silly little question, but here goes:-
I have installed the Microsoft Intellipoint software that came with a wireless wheel mouse that I recently purchased. I have set various mouse settings. In particular I have set the wheel button to double-click. When I first boot my computer this setting isn't working. But if I double-click in the normal way on the mouse icon the settings screen comes up, showing that I indeed have set the wheel to double click. I then do nothing except close the program. Now my wheel is working and double-clicks perfectly. Not critical by any means, but slightly irritating - why do I have to run this reset manually every time before it will work?

phono 21:16 07 Dec 05

Try reinstalling the software, I had the same problem and that sorted it for me, also make sure you have the latest version by visiting the relevant website and downloading.

Enkel 18:23 08 Dec 05

Thanks phono, Tried your suggestions and they seem to have done the trick! It does beg the question, however, that if version 4.0 used to work, why did it take 4,1 to make it work now? In my innocence I believed that version 4.x of any software should be a sound, reliable version and any updates are to give extra functionality, to give a sleeker interface, or to support new hardware, not to correct bugs. But I suppose we are talking of Micro$oft, I suppose.

phono 00:01 09 Dec 05

There could be any number of reasons, conflicts with other software, drivers etc, just "one of the joys of computing", as long as it's working okay now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…