Microsoft IntelliPoint mouse problem

Scubaman 12:01 13 Mar 06

For no reason that I can think of I have got a message window displayed telling me that Microsoft IntelliPoint has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry etc. I have sent the report to microsoft but cannot get rid of the window. I have delted the mouse and restarted and changed the batteries but I still get the message displayed on top of everything. How do I get rid of it?

Jackcoms 12:54 13 Mar 06

System Restore?

Scubaman 23:09 13 Mar 06

Tried 2 system restores but still the same.

Scubaman 23:19 13 Mar 06

Bounce

terryf 01:05 14 Mar 06

Go to control panel and add/remove to uninstall Intellipoint,then go to My computer>properties>device manager and un-install the mouse. windows will find it and re-install it, you will then have to re-install intellipoint from your Intellipoint CD

Scubaman 08:14 14 Mar 06

I deleted the mouse via control panel and connected a logitech USB mouse. Everything was fine until I booted up this morning and lo and behold the same message came back and I haven't even got a Microsoft IntelliPoint mouse connected.

skidzy 08:30 14 Mar 06

Did you Do as Terry suggested uninstall the drivers and reboot,upon rebooting xp should find the drivers.
Or could this be a usb problem ?..Have you tried a normal wired mouse ? this will define if a usb problem.

terryf 09:10 14 Mar 06

You never said whether you carried out the complete sequence that I described, ubinstalling both hardware and associated software, win xp will find its own drivers for the mouse without the bells and whistles provided by intellipoint software and the mouse will work quite satisfactorily without intellipoint. This will show whether it is the intellipoint software that is to blame.

terryf 09:11 14 Mar 06

Sorry, should have been uninstalling (I have a cold :-) )

Scubaman 10:02 14 Mar 06

Ooops, sorry, I didn't read Terry's reply properly. I did as he said and all seems fine now. many thanks.

skidzy 10:50 14 Mar 06

Well done scubaman,dont forget to tick resolved.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac