Microsoft ID Error 7023 on Mesh PC

MARCOVANELMES 11:55 22 Oct 05

MESH web help desk is unavailable does any one have a solution to the above error?

Service Control Manager The IPSEC Services service terminated with the following error: The authentication service is unknown.

On running the sc query, the report gave me to much information to display here, anything I should be looking for in this report?

Have not got clue how to deal with the reprot, had a look at google but it is to technical.

One page here click here
suggested
Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
In Registry Editor, locate and then click the following subkey: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\IPsec\Policy\Local.
On the Edit menu, click Delete.
Click Yes to confirm that you want to delete the subkey
Quit Registry Editor
Click Start, click Run, type regsvr32 polstore.dll, and then click OK

But I'm not so sure about the above?

Any would be great. Thanks

Totally-braindead 11:59 22 Oct 05

This may help click here

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:01 22 Oct 05

Operating system 98SE? if so then possibly a DCOM error

MARCOVANELMES 14:00 23 Oct 05

Since I reported that my PC was crashing as result of Service Control Manager The IPSEC Services service terminated with the following error: Error 7023. I have had no more crashes although I have not changed a thing, which rather confuses me?

Braindead had a look at your link thanks but am reluctant to follow its advice as it does not mention IPSEC at all.

Fruit Bat I have XP SP2 installed.

MARCOVANELMES 13:12 05 Apr 06

PC Was returned and reset no hardware problems found, since return it has worked fine with the software reinstalled.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date and features: Google Allo is…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…