Microsoft Games Missing

I,Me and Myself 20:23 13 Nov 05

Tried to have a game of Solitaire earlier but all of our Microsoft games have gone. The PC we have has windows xp in the sytem - we do not have a cd.
What can we do to get the games back?
Is our only option to do a system recovery?
That will mean having to reinstall all extra programs afterwards - which could take ages!

VoG II 20:25 13 Nov 05

Borrow a Windows XP CD.

Start, Control Panel, Add or Remove Programs. Click on Add/Remove Windows components in the left hand pane.

Kenneth-266656 20:57 13 Nov 05

System restore does not affect any program installed before the restore point chosen.

Stuartli 21:24 13 Nov 05

If I remember correctly, if you Add the games from Add/Remove Windows Components (CP>Add/Remove Programs>Components>Accessories>Games, XP should reinstall them from the system files.

Worth a try.

driving man 02:03 14 Nov 05

on xp games are found in all programs under GAMES older verions of windows eg 95 hid them in accessories

I,Me and Myself 14:42 14 Nov 05

Took the advice of stuartli and it has worked! Thanks to you all for taking the time to help me.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…