Microsoft Flight will not run

Dai Chyandour 19:18 PM 04 Mar 12

I have downloaded Flight Ok, but get the message "shader version of video card does not meet mimimum requirements". I have an Nvidia GeForce 8800 GTX 768Mb running in Vista Home Premium. I feel this should be adequate as my PC meets other requirements, i.e Dell XPS 720 Quad Core Q6600 2.4 GHz, 8MB Ram. Any ideas if I can fix this or must I do without MS Flight?

Forum Editor 00:08 AM 05 Mar 12

The game needs shader support 1.1 or a later version.

There's a new driver for your video card - released about 10 days ago. It might be worth downloading it to see if it fixes the problem.

Click here to get the Geforce download page

Dai Chyandour 09:08 AM 05 Mar 12

Thanks, Forum Editor. I did download that latest NVidia driver but it made no difference. The promotional video on the latest PC Advisor Disc ran perfectly well, but perhaps that means nothing. I cannot find out if my video card supports Shader 1.1 or later.

Proclaimer 10:12 AM 05 Mar 12

I think you do, but to be sure go here; Can you RUN It Select Microsoft Flight from the list and you will be given a list of requirements and your specs, similar to this;

Features: Minimum attributes of your Video Card Required You Have Pixel Shader version 3.0 5.0 Vertex Shader version 3.0 5.0 Dedicated Video RAM 256 MB 1.6 GB

Dai Chyandour 12:07 PM 05 Mar 12

Thanks Proclaimer, and I have run this facility. I pass on all counts having Pixel Shader 4.0 and Vertex Shader 4.0 so I still don't know why MS Flight thinkls I have a problem. I'd be grateful for anyone's ideas.

Dai Chyandour 21:33 PM 24 Mar 12

Problem solved with information from Microsoft. Changed the colour from 16 bit to 32 bit and everything is now fine.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Cyber Monday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Cyber Monday tech deals, sales, discounts & offers

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Harry Potter's graphic designers showcase magical props & posters in new exhibition

Apple rumours & predictions 2016: What to expect from Apple in 2016