Microsoft Flight Sim - PC Spec

jonmac 09:47 02 Jan 06

The only "game" I occasionally play to relax at the end of a hards day's work is Flight Sim. However over the past 15 years my PC spec, (i.e. my pocket) has never matched up to the game so I've had to tweak various settings downwards to get it to run smoothly.
I'm about to spec a new Mesh PC with Athlon x2 4200, PCI Express Mb, 512 Mb ATI Radeon card, 2048 Mb RAM. Can anyone tell me if, at last, this would be capable of running Flight Sim with everything turned up to maximum?

gudgulf 11:41 02 Jan 06

What model of ATI graphics card?

The rest of the pc will have no problem with Flight Sim.

dogtrack 12:26 02 Jan 06

I use an X800XL with 256 MB of video ram and it works fine with all the available Photo Scenery. Also I have everything maxed out, with the exception of AI Traffic. Which makes airports too busy for comfort. It is also capable of displaying assorted weather conditions. Frame Rates vary upon scenery types, but usually remain between 45 and 70 fps

jonmac 12:50 02 Jan 06

Thanks gudgulph and dogtrack. it's the 512Mb X1600 Pro card which is on offer. Sounds like it should be OK. for FS 2004, the rest of my work is heavyweight InDesign, Photoshop, Broadband, Word, Excel etc all open at the one time

dogtrack 07:33 04 Jan 06

Quote....my work is heavyweight InDesign, Photoshop, Broadband, Word, Excel etc all open at the one time.

Not when using FS9 I hope !!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5