Microsoft error report

sea fury 21:56 11 Jul 03

I have just joined the site and I am an inexperienced user. I had to recently use the recovery disc to fix some faults that had developed on my computer. Now every time I start the computer a popup appears saying that the computer has recovered from a serious problem and I have the option of sending the report to Microsoft. I sent the report but the popup still appears. Can anyone help me get rid of it.
Thanking you in advance
Sea Fury

your best bet will be to save all your personal files then do a complete reinstalation of your operating system and all the drivers and software.

VoG II 22:02 11 Jul 03

What version of Windows do you have?

Also, on the popup that you see there may be a "details" button. What does it say if you click that?

It might help also if you can tell us what went wrong before you used your recovery disk.

sea fury 19:58 12 Jul 03

Thank you for your replies,my operating system is XP. The problem I had to begin with was my modem would not connect. A few days later the computer really slowed down in everything I tried to do, and I could not open any files. During this time I was trying to get some help from Mesh as I have only had the computer six months. This turned out to be a nightmare as their helpline is only open 8.30 to 5.00 five days a week, when I am at work. Their 24 e mail was no good as my modem did not work. Eventually I managed to talk to them, they told me the modem must have been stuck by lightening so it was not their problem, and to use the recovery disc for the other problem. This I did and every is working again apart from the modem which I have replaced myself. There is no way I am going back to mesh there service is applaing, which is why I am asking for your help. The details box does not help. I really don't want to use the recovery disc again, its taken me weeks to get everything back to normal

Sea fury

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…