Microsoft Error Message

Toria 07:03 AM 25 Aug 11
Answered

Good Morning, When I click on a link from an e-mail to open up in Internet Explorer, I am unable to do so, I get the following error message: 'This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator'. I never used to get this problem.

onthelimit1 08:37 AM 25 Aug 11
Answer

Try the microsoft fixit here

northumbria61 08:52 AM 25 Aug 11

I think you will find this is a Registry Fix.

If you are confident to Edit the Registry follow this -

HKEYCURRENTUSER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Inte rnet Explorer\Restrictions.

This is not a file in Windows, it is a registry key. And if you are searching Windows you will not find it.

To find it, click Start, then Run and type regedit in the box.

That should open Registry Editor.

Click the + on HKEYCURRENTUSER, then the + on Software, so on and so forth until you get to Restrictions.

If you plan on deleting/changing any registry keys, BACK THEM UP FIRST and SAVE as follows -

Right click the key you are changing and chose Export. Then a window will appear and ask for a file name, and a place to save it.Give it a file name and note where it is saved; just incase you have to put the original key back in.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

7 best iPhone web browser apps: Why Safari for iOS is still a better option than Chrome, Dolphin,…