Microsoft Defender and Titan Shield

sputnick 10:47 08 Jun 06

When MS Defender alerted me that I had some spyware I also received a window that advertised TitanShield malwae remover. I could not get out of this ad as long as I had MS Defender on the screen. It appeared that TS was associated with MS.
I have used TitanShield and it seems to work well but has anyone had the similar problem with Defender.
Also what is the best setting in IE for cookies.

beynac 11:13 08 Jun 06

I think that you may find that MS Defender was warning you about TitanShield. There is a Titan Anti-spyware that appears on a list of rogue and suspect anti-spyware.

Belatucadrus 11:27 08 Jun 06

I can't find anything specific on TitanShield, but the fact that it advertises via a popup and clashed with Defender is a pretty fare indication that it's scare/scum ware probably loading the spyware itself and using false positives to suggest it's working.
I'd get rid of it ASAP.
Possible alternatives can be found here click here .
If you ever want to check the probity of an anti spyware app, have a look here click here .

sputnick 11:35 08 Jun 06

The Titan Shield website is Titanshield.com
There are lots of reccomendations but that could just be hype.
I`d be interested if anyone else comes up againt this of has used it.

beynac 11:48 08 Jun 06

It doesn't look as if it is connected with Titan Anti-spyware (they are registered in Russia whilst TitanShield is in Budapest), but I still think that it is malware. Anyone can write testimonials!

Belatucadrus 11:58 08 Jun 06

Any supposed anti spyware program that uses popups like that is exploiting the weakness they claim to protect you from. Morally bankrupt at best, no matter what the program does. The Defender reaction just seems to confirm it, the old bargepole cliché springs to mind.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…