Microsoft critical update KB 826939

After downloading and installing the last critical updates from Microsoft.I got and error message stating that windows had been terminated due to an error: IRQL_SAME_OR_NOT_EQUAL. After numerous attempts to reboot I started in Safe mode and deleted update KB 826939.By chance this was the update that seemed to have *!@:ed my computer.I'd be interested to know if anyone else has encountered this particular problem or wether it was a glitch on my machine

Pootie

johnnyrocker 22:28 14 Apr 04

someone earlier had similar (pc froze) until he deleted the updates.

johnny.

lucky1 22:29 14 Apr 04

No problems here. Downloaded five yesterday. Running XP. Have you tried searching the Microsoft Knowledge Base to see if there are any known 'gliches'?

VoG II 22:30 14 Apr 04
  johnnyrocker 22:33 14 Apr 04

must admit d/loading all 5 caused me no probs and in fact provided a fix for a problem i was in the middle of trying to sort.

johnny.

ade.h 22:35 14 Apr 04

Same as Lucky1 - got all five last night and no probs at all, I'm happy to say.

Hi Lucky 1

I assume you downloaded the same updates as me (also XP home ) and you were ok. I'll take your advice and check out the Knowledge base

Ta

keverne 23:00 14 Apr 04

I'd hardly say that 826939 is one of the latest critical updates. Last year this update on my spare machine resulted in it refusing to reboot with no error message. Safe mode and system restore came to the rescue.
824105 is another that refuses to work.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…