Microsoft Clip Organiser Error 0x80040E21

Rich Pickings 00:44 12 Sep 06

Hello chaps.
I am running Office 2003 with Windows XP SP2. Whenever I try to use Microsoft Clip Organiser I get the error "Clip Organizer cannot complete the operation. Error code 0x80040E21". When I try downloading clipart from the web I get "Clip Organizer cannot complete the operation. The RPC server is unavailable. Error code 0x800706BA".
I've tried the Microsoft help site which tells me to download the latest version of Microsoft Data Access Components (MDAC), version 2.5 or later. This I have done, but I cannot install it as it tells me I already have the latest version.
I've googled the errors but haven't found any suitable solutions, although some of the websites are in German and Spanish but I can't translate them.
I've since tried uninstalling an re-installing Office which also didn't help.
I would be grateful of any suggestions, especially ones that lead to a solution.

STREETWORK 07:09 12 Sep 06

Try and validate Office 2003 with microsoft, see if this cures the porblem...

Rich Pickings 08:23 12 Sep 06

Thanks for your response.
I have already activated the programme, so no luck there I'm afraid. I even tried activating it again and it told me as much.

Rich Pickings 16:54 12 Sep 06

Am I allowed to bump my own thread?

STREETWORK 18:26 12 Sep 06

yes, but please add any other info to it that may be useful

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…