Microsoft Backup Utility..."ntbackup.msi" link

TrustNoone 16:36 31 Dec 04

I have asked for help with backup issues recently. The forum team were ashelpful as ever, but I could not resolve the problem. That is, until I researched the Windows Backup Utility which I remeber from the DOS days.

Apparetnly, OEM WinXP Home PCs do not routinely have ntbackup.msi installed; this utility can be found on the WinXP CD (if you have one) or the "Recovery CD" from your supplier. It is on the WinXP CD in the \VALUEADD\MSFT\NTBACKUP folder. But for those who don't have that CD, download it from a copy of the file can be found here: click here. It'll automatically start the download, remember where it stores and go there to double-click it and start the installation.

I have used this successfully and feel much happier now that my important files/partitions are backed up to my external HDD. What is more, the utility is FREE!

Happy New Year

Maturin 16:46 31 Dec 04

Sorry about my spelling!

anchor 16:54 31 Dec 04

This may also be of interest:

click here

Re: a spelling check: Many of us use this

click here

ACOLYTE 16:58 31 Dec 04

If anyone wonts a copy i will send it off my xp cd its not a big file 775KB so should email ok,and i dont think i wil be breaking any rules by offering but if someone knows beter let me know.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…