Microsoft AntiSpyware update seems to fail.

John B 16:49 05 Dec 05

Microsoft AntiSpyware tells me there is a new version available. I click ok to download it and a window pops up to tell me its download and install progress. Install is almost instantaneous and download gets to 5%; another window pops up to tell me the new version is installed and ready to use.

When I check I currently have Microsoft AntiSpyware Version: 1.0.615
This version expires on: 31/12/2005
Spyware Definition Version: 5781 (02/12/2005 06:34:26)

Have I got the latest version please? If not has anyone any idea what's causing this problem?

Audeal 16:55 05 Dec 05

The latest version is 1.0.701 and you can get it from here. click here

GaT7 16:57 05 Dec 05

The latest version is 1.0.107. Download it from click here. The spyware defs vers/date is fine. Are you on NTL btw? G

anskyber 16:58 05 Dec 05

There have been a few threads with differing outcomes, eg click here I ended up completely uninstalling your version rebooting then it would download the new version.

chub_tor 17:01 05 Dec 05

I had the same experience as anskyber. I had to uninstal, delete the folder in Program Files, run CCleaner and then install from the latest download. Everything is fine now and it shows the latest revision and expiry date.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:02 05 Dec 05

I rebooted 5 times before it told me I hd the correct version loaded.

John B 18:05 05 Dec 05

I'll uninstall it and follow the links. Fruit Bat, I haven't rebooted so I'll try that first, and Crossbow7 I'm using freedom2surf!

Thanks again for the quick responses.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface PC release date, price and specs: All-in-one Surface PC to directly rival iMac

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…