microsoft antispyware messages

pac73 00:23 13 Feb 06

The problem is,ms antispyware keeps popping up every minute telling me ,its allowing msmsgs to be installed in my startup.Even though ive disabled msmsgs.Should i disable ms antispyware?

Skyver 01:03 13 Feb 06

Make sure the version of msmsgs that keeps popping up is genuine - msnmsgr.exe is the correct task name for MSN Messenger.

pac73 03:11 13 Feb 06

Yes it is the genuine one.Im really thinking of uninstalling it.As ive already got,adaware,spybot,winpatrol,spyware guard,and spyware blaster.

dogbreath1 07:52 13 Feb 06

Personally, I wouldn't uninstall MSAS. It's a good program and the other security progs you have will not aford adequate protection in it's stead.

Your problem is with msmsgs, and that is what you need to address.

The Messenger startup process name has been used to hide nasties, so be sure that the process is definitely Messenger click here

You could also consider removing Messenger altogether
click here

hzhzhz 08:17 13 Feb 06

My daughter downloaded what she thought was a messenger update but in fact it was a nasty which caused us a few problems. I like MSAS myself.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…