Microsoft AntiSpyware

maz2 23:20 17 Feb 05

I download this today and on running it my Antivirus (Trend Micro) spyware detector keeps popping up that it has detected spyware and not allowing access, any help please

Terry Brown 08:00 18 Feb 05

Try getting a copy of ...........adaware and also spybot, both obtainable free from the internet, or from quite a few Pcadvisor CD's... What one misses the other will normally find. Good Luck

ardvarc 08:29 18 Feb 05

If you have XP this is a handy page to have. Scroll down for Spybot and Adaware downloads.

click here

Yoda Knight 08:38 18 Feb 05

try disabling trendmicro, install the ms antispyware and restart trendmicro. Ensure that you have got the real thing off the ms website - it may be a spyware prog masquerading as the real thing, although I doubt it. If it is the real thing it wont do any harm, and u should be fine disabling ur av 4 a minute or two.

maz2 11:07 18 Feb 05

Have both as aware and spybot, but this new one from Microsoft found loads of stuff that the others didn't however you have to be careful what you delete. I think I've found the problem now Thanks

dazza39 11:15 18 Feb 05

maz,yes it is a good one very through in rooting out spyware,and in real time as well.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…