Microsoft AntiSpyware

carper 16:06 17 Feb 05

I have just downloaded Microsoft Antispyware program including the update which it suggests and have then tried to run a scan. The scan ran about 1700 items, found a spyware "tiny browser and then stopped.
The same thing happened three times and refused to respond to any closure. The only way I could get out was to switch the power off. I am running I am running the usual antispyware, Adaware Spybot, Blaster, AVG, Sygate firewall. Should any of these be turned off. Anyone had a similar experience.
Regards Carper

JaßîsFaß ˜ 16:10 17 Feb 05

You should not need to turn off any of the other programs you have, and MS Antispyware is a 'Beta' version. I would report your findings to MS so they can investigate the problem.

plsndrs3 16:13 17 Feb 05

I downloaded this yesterday. I had a bit of trouble authenticating my WinXP after a reformat, but other than that no problems. Downloaded update & did a scan ok [found nothing] Isn't Spybot a 'real time' protection device? If so, it might interfere with the MS equivalent.

HTH

Paul

JaßîsFaß ˜ 16:13 17 Feb 05
  plsndrs3 16:14 17 Feb 05

Sorry, 'spybot' = blaster

dazza39 16:20 17 Feb 05

I downloaded this as well,no problems found a good program,and it authenticated my version of Windows ok.I don't use any other Spyware.

sunny staines 17:57 17 Feb 05

I have the first three anti spyware programs you mention & microsoft antispyware with no problems so you can eliminate them from the cause

carper 10:45 18 Feb 05

Thanks for your interest, I have forwarded a message to Micxrosoft and will advise of any outcome. Regards Carper

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…