Microsoft Antispy...Could it Really Have ???

skidzy 21:55 09 Feb 06

Hello Helproom

Ive got what most would say is a silly question.
Maybe im missing something here or totally misreading the log.

Ive just ran Ewido as i always do (weekly) and has found a spyware cookie in Microsoft's Antispy (i thought that program is clean)
This is what Ewido found:

c:\programfiles\microsoftantispy......spyware.180 solutions

This has been quarratined.

Does anyone think it could be my Microsoftantispy had picked this up at an earlier date and Ewido picked it up while scanning the Microsoftantispy files....sounds a little silly i know ...but sounds really strange to me !

Any ideas would be welcome please.

Thanks in advance for any help
********Skidzy*******

Skills 21:58 09 Feb 06

That sounds like the most logical explanation to me ewido is picking up on a file that MS antispy has quarentined.

I have ewido and ms antispy on both my systems and ewidos never picked up anything dodgy in ms antispy

VoG II 22:00 09 Feb 06
  skidzy 22:01 09 Feb 06

Thankyou for your input Skills,Silly thing is i ran both yesterday and found nothing,tonight i updated Ewido and BANG its there....Maybe a possiblity that Ewido have added this file to there database ?

skidzy 22:07 09 Feb 06

VOG.. Do you think it is possible it came with a program i downloaded tonight regscrubxp,i did have a change...a BHO which was denied.

VoG II 22:08 09 Feb 06

Where did you download RegscrubXP from?

Skills 22:09 09 Feb 06

Pc's eh like to keep ya on ya toes dont they!!

Updated defs most likely. Had you quarrentined anything with MS antispy?

skidzy 22:14 09 Feb 06

It was downloaded from majorgeeks...
Too right there Skills.Going to check MS in a mo,maybe run that again !

skidzy 22:18 09 Feb 06

Just found out that MS had quarratined it back in November last year,Bet Ewido have just added it to the Database......Thats what the updates are for i guess. Cheers guys...I will tick resolved...

Skills 22:20 09 Feb 06

You should be able to do a final removal from MS antispy and get it off the system for good

skidzy 22:22 09 Feb 06

Already done Skills....Now running Ewido again to double check,will do again after reboot.Cheers Skills.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced