MicroSoft ActiveSync error when switching on lapto

bristolgirl 15:48 07 Jan 07

Happy New Year helpful people

I have this reoccuring error when switching on my laptop.
I have a box with a yellow exclimation mark and a very long messgage about Microsoft ActiveSync not being recognised.

Not sure what this is or how to cure it.

Hope you can help!

VoG II 16:21 07 Jan 07

This error? click here

bristolgirl 17:10 07 Jan 07

Hi VoG, thank you for your help again.
I'm not sure that this is the correct answer for my error message. I'm sorry but it is so long I didn't type it in full before. Please tell me off, if it is the correct solution.

Anyway here goes, I have used the symbol <> to represent the check box. If I select any of the options at the bottom of the box (OK, Cancel or help) then my laptop just freezes:-

MicroSoft ActiveSync cannot recognize this device for one or two reasons

The device was not connected properly. To start over, disconnect the cable and remove the device from its cradle. Then, connect the cable to the PC, turn on the device, and place the device in its cradle.

If the device is still not recognized, click Help.

The device is not a SmartPhone or Pocket PC. To keep ActiveSync from trying to connect to this or any device, select the check box below.
<> Stop ActiveSync from looking for devices

OK Cancel Help

VoG II 17:15 07 Jan 07

Do you actually want to ActiveSync to something on startup? If not see if it shows up in msconfig click here and disable it.

bristolgirl 17:19 07 Jan 07

I guess I don't want it, as I don't even know what it is.

Technotiger 17:32 07 Jan 07

Hi, I would also advise to check your Devices in Device Manager, see if there are any Yellow Exclamation marks, especially in the USB section.

bristolgirl 17:38 07 Jan 07

I know it's another daft question but where is the Device manager?

Thank You

Technotiger 17:45 07 Jan 07

Right-click on My Computer, then Left-click on Properties then on Left-click on Hardware, then again on Device Manager ...

bristolgirl 17:54 07 Jan 07

Thanks Technotiger
I have done this but can't see any Yellow Exclimation marks. I guess this is a good thing?

Technotiger 18:04 07 Jan 07

Yes it is. I would suggest that you take the option to Stop Active Sync, as I believe you have shown above. It is basically to do with external items, like mobile phones, iPods etc usually connected via USB.

bristolgirl 18:16 07 Jan 07

So, could it be something to do with my ipod? I did charge it up via my laptop the other day.
I won't loose this facility will I?

Sorry if I'm being daft again!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…