Microsoft Active Sync and Vista compatibility

cozowl 13:40 21 May 07

Vista Home Premium is already installed on my new computer. I want to syncronise my PDA with Outlook 2003 or Redbox PIM. When I try to install Microsoft ActiveSync I get a message saying it isn't compatible with Vista. Does anyone know of a solution? It's suprising that Microsoft didn't envisage compatibilty issues with its own software - or is it?!? Perhaps I'm being naïve!
Cozowl

muscic lover 13:46 21 May 07

Its not compatible as far as i know..... friend of mine had this problem as well...... keeping eye on this post!

cozowl 16:43 24 May 07

Solution found!!
Microsoft has provided a solution - but called the program by a different name!!! (Brilliant!)A bit like Outlook Express being changed to something else - oh well, there's no understanding Bill Gates' logic.
If you go to Microsoft's website and do a search, you'll find a synchronisation link. It works fine with my PDA, both with Outlook and Redbox! I found I could only download it in English but it works fine with a French version of Vista Home Premium.

Jimmy14 16:48 24 May 07

Windows Mobile Device Center. It is alot better than active sync and easier to sync with, download below,
click here

mjKiller 13:23 09 Jul 07

I cannot seem to uninstall microsoft activesync 4.5, i get a programme window every time I try to uninstall it and it never works. The reason for me wanting to uninstall it is because it doesnt work!

My pocket pc recently crashed and I want to use the programme to syncronise all my contacts..

Please help..once again frustrated..pc user

MJ

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Acer Predator Triton 700 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

D&AD Awards 2017: see the best design, advertising, illustration, animation and VR of the past year

Apple predictions 2017