Microsoft Active Sync and Vista compatibility

cozowl 13:40 21 May 07

Vista Home Premium is already installed on my new computer. I want to syncronise my PDA with Outlook 2003 or Redbox PIM. When I try to install Microsoft ActiveSync I get a message saying it isn't compatible with Vista. Does anyone know of a solution? It's suprising that Microsoft didn't envisage compatibilty issues with its own software - or is it?!? Perhaps I'm being naïve!
Cozowl

muscic lover 13:46 21 May 07

Its not compatible as far as i know..... friend of mine had this problem as well...... keeping eye on this post!

cozowl 16:43 24 May 07

Solution found!!
Microsoft has provided a solution - but called the program by a different name!!! (Brilliant!)A bit like Outlook Express being changed to something else - oh well, there's no understanding Bill Gates' logic.
If you go to Microsoft's website and do a search, you'll find a synchronisation link. It works fine with my PDA, both with Outlook and Redbox! I found I could only download it in English but it works fine with a French version of Vista Home Premium.

Jimmy14 16:48 24 May 07

Windows Mobile Device Center. It is alot better than active sync and easier to sync with, download below,
click here

mjKiller 13:23 09 Jul 07

I cannot seem to uninstall microsoft activesync 4.5, i get a programme window every time I try to uninstall it and it never works. The reason for me wanting to uninstall it is because it doesnt work!

My pocket pc recently crashed and I want to use the programme to syncronise all my contacts..

Please help..once again frustrated..pc user

MJ

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…