Microsoft Acticesync

Hitch-Hiker 19:33 28 Jan 04

For some reason I can only get it to licence a geust so it will not sync any help

win 98se2

cassiopeia e115

Hitch-Hiker 20:04 28 Jan 04

ment to read microsoft activesync

The Paul 23:02 28 Jan 04

Is this a new set up or have you had it running either on this PC or another. What version are you using. Newest one is 3.7.1 (I think).

Have you tried to reinstall it. Sometimes its a pain but you will get there.

ton 02:09 29 Jan 04

Try deleting the existing partnership (if any).

Hitch-Hiker 09:32 29 Jan 04

I have recently replaced my hard drive and am trying to set up ActiveSync I am using 3.7 it just wont sync with pc any clues I have deleted the existing parnership but no change whan I set up again

ton 09:52 29 Jan 04

Have you looked on your handheld? On my Ipaq I have ActiveSync with a partnership.

Hitch-Hiker 09:59 29 Jan 04

Thanks for advice now sorted I think I was trying to sync to many items in callender causing it to stop to it not to sync the past and now all working

ton 10:07 29 Jan 04

I found this on a website: The partnership information in the Pocket PC may not be properly updated if you do not "soft" reset the Pocket PC after you change the device ID. In this case, when you connect the device after changing the device ID, the device is unable to find the Repl.dat file for the correct partnership and defaults to a guest connection.

Hitch-Hiker 10:11 29 Jan 04

Thanks for that I did soft reset delete parnerships and reboot pc each time anyway all okay now

The Paul 14:27 29 Jan 04

Away doing other thing. Glad you got it sorted out. You might now find that documents have duplicated themselves along with contacts and so on. It can be a bit fiddly after a reinstall. I always finf that I have to spend ages sorting out my desktop folder and the iPAQ itself.

Anyway - good luck.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event live stream | Apple October Event live blog: Watch Apple unveil new MacBook Pro, new…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Lida designs a cross-stitch email sent to thousands of Ikea Family members

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: Faster performance, a brighter screen, water-ret…