Microsoft Access and UML

beastieboy 11:29 21 Feb 03

Hi,

is it possible to convert a Microsoft Access database to UML directly, or via any intermediate software?

Many thanks in advance,

Janusz

davidg_richmond 11:52 21 Feb 03

how do you mean into UML? do you want to represent the database as a class diagram or statechart?

i know Microsoft Visio will help you represent these but it has to be put in manually as its for design and not reverse-engineering.

i dont think it will be possible, hopefully a DB manager out there could prove me wrong

beastieboy 11:55 21 Feb 03

I would like it to go to a class diagram really, but will be happy with a statechart.

When you say that Visio will do it and it has to be put in manually - can you explain this further.

Cheers,

Janusz

davidg_richmond 12:36 21 Feb 03

visio is a modelling tool that allows loads of different design methods to be implemented. doing class diagrams is quite easy - you select UML project from the list - and theres loads more such as database diagrams etc - then drag and drop the class boxes onto the A4 form. then its just a matter of filling in the attributes and methods and creating relationships. its quite a powerful and easy way to represent that kind of thing without going through reams of paper or reading books to find out how they are created

beastieboy 13:46 21 Feb 03

Cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…