Microsoft Access and UML

beastieboy 11:29 21 Feb 03

Hi,

is it possible to convert a Microsoft Access database to UML directly, or via any intermediate software?

Many thanks in advance,

Janusz

davidg_richmond 11:52 21 Feb 03

how do you mean into UML? do you want to represent the database as a class diagram or statechart?

i know Microsoft Visio will help you represent these but it has to be put in manually as its for design and not reverse-engineering.

i dont think it will be possible, hopefully a DB manager out there could prove me wrong

beastieboy 11:55 21 Feb 03

I would like it to go to a class diagram really, but will be happy with a statechart.

When you say that Visio will do it and it has to be put in manually - can you explain this further.

Cheers,

Janusz

davidg_richmond 12:36 21 Feb 03

visio is a modelling tool that allows loads of different design methods to be implemented. doing class diagrams is quite easy - you select UML project from the list - and theres loads more such as database diagrams etc - then drag and drop the class boxes onto the A4 form. then its just a matter of filling in the attributes and methods and creating relationships. its quite a powerful and easy way to represent that kind of thing without going through reams of paper or reading books to find out how they are created

beastieboy 13:46 21 Feb 03

Cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…