Microsoft access help with programming

The Transporter 16:35 19 Jun 03

Hi all

I have created a database with data from three areas. Records, CD's and tapes.

I have put these into a table.

I have created a form from the above information. It has for example in the first column, 'records', then information about these records. i.e artist, label etc etc.

So i have ended up with 50 tapes 40 cds and 200 records all in one table.

I have created a query so that when run it will ask me for what list i want, records, cds or tapes. I type this in and the table of data with just the area of information i require is shown.

I then created a report. So that now, when I type in one of the 3 choices a set of reports are presented.

I am trying to modify this so i can use a drop down box and then select one of the three options. And then be presented with the reports instead of having to type them in everytime.

i have created the drop down box and the command button to open the report.

But i am having trouble working out what the expression should be in the expression builder in the design view of the query i have set up.

i can make it work to create a table with specific info' but not a report.

sorry for not being more specific but if anyone can shed some light it would be appreciated

keewee 16:46 19 Jun 03

You need to create a form, and add a combo box.
In your query, you need to add the parameter
[Forms!].[Formname].Value (or something similar, I can't remember of the top of my head).
Set the combobox up to have values from another query, which produces the list cds, records, tapes.
Then add a button to your form, which runs the report, which should be basedon the original query.

I hope that makes sense, if not, post back again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…