Microsoft Access Find/Replace defaults - how?

compumac 13:39 14 Sep 09

In Microsoft Access, the Find dialogue box gives you three options, - look In, Match and Search. On two of my PC's using Access, when I go the Find box they already display my previously selected choices from earlier sessions, i.e. 1)Look in - the particular table and 2) Match - Any Part of Any field.
My one PC defaults to 1) Look in - I.D. and 2) Match - Whole field.
I cannot remember how I got the other two PC's to default to my choice and searching the Microsoft Q & A does not afford an answer.
Anyone out there who might know?

Woolwell 14:20 14 Sep 09

I think that it remembers how you last used Find. If you used whole field then next time it will default to whole field and if you used any part of it will default to that. I've just tried on Access 2007 and that is how it seems to work.

compumac 14:29 14 Sep 09

Woolwell
Thank for prompt reply. However, that is what I believed but it is no happening with this particular setup.

Woolwell 14:32 14 Sep 09

Is it the same database?

compumac 15:06 14 Sep 09

Woolwell
Yes, same database file copied over.

I am Spartacus 15:06 14 Sep 09

Have a look at Tools, Options, Edit/Find tab

compumac 15:16 14 Sep 09

I am Spartacus
You have it one Spartacus. I am just getting used to Access 2007 and could not find Options.
Thanks for that.

Woolwell 16:40 14 Sep 09

Ok - where is that tab in Access 2007? I have found Options.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…