Microsoft Access

Algoz 15:04 23 Dec 08

Since re-installing my printer driver, I can no longer do print preview or print in Access. Can anyone explain why/how to solve? All other programs print/print preview ok - just Access I'm having a problem with.

HondaMan 15:25 23 Dec 08

What OS, which version of Access, RAM, CPU?

Algoz 15:52 23 Dec 08

I am using Windows XP (SP3), Microsoft Access 2003, with all required updates, RAM: 3Gb, CPU Intel Core Duo 2.66Ghz

Sea Urchin 16:31 23 Dec 08

You don't say what make of printer you are using, but I would try and reload the driver from the disk. Many printers have a repair option available, although it shouldn't take that long to reinstall.

Algoz 18:14 23 Dec 08

I am using a Canon Pixma IP6600d, but I'm hesitant to reload the drivers as I only did that on Friday (because I was having a problem with the printer making my PC reboot). When I reinstalled the drivers, I got caught in a loop at the point where the computer recognised the printer (USB) and then turned itself off. This happened over and over again until I removed the USB cable. I might try re-installing Access, as I'm not having a problem with any other application printing.

Sea Urchin 19:16 23 Dec 08

You should always install the driver without the printer being connected to the USB post - it will then tell you when to connect

But re-installing Office might work

Sea Urchin 19:17 23 Dec 08

.....that should be USB port

recap 20:06 23 Dec 08

Before re-installing Access, check that the printer has not been disabled in Access. To check this open Access and go to Help/About Microsoft Office Access/Disabled Items.

Algoz 23:27 23 Dec 08

With regards to the USB, I didnt connect the USB until the printer software told me to. It was at that point it decided to go into a spasmodic shutdown/reboot routine. I'm aware that you should not have it connected before being told to do so.

I have checked in the disabled items section of Access but there are currently no disabled items.

Thanks for all your suggestions guys, but I'm still no further ahead.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5