microsoft Access

muffin1947 23:01 23 Oct 06

Ihave just re-installed office 2003 professional but cannot get access to load.When I click on the icon it comes up. Please wait while windows configures microsoft office 2003 professional edition.All the other programmes ie word,publisher,powerpoint and excel are fine and I can get into them why not access.Any ideas anyone

skeletal 10:24 24 Oct 06

I note you say “re-install” Office. This obviously suggests you already had it installed before. Office can get its knickers in a twist sometimes, because you may think you have uninstalled it, but there will still be traces of it left behind. You then try to re-install, but one of these remnants can screw things up.

There is a tool that fully removes Office (I don’t have a link, but someone else here, or a Goggle may find it for you).

You may be better to fully remove it (using the tool) then try again.

Before trying this, have you tried “detect and repair” from one of the working apps?

And a final thought, are you trying to run various versions of Office at the same time? This can also give problems (although I am managing to run 2000 and 2003 together, just!).

Skeletal

recap 10:29 24 Oct 06

If there is a cancel button on the message box that comes up, click it, this may load the program.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac