Microsoft Access 2003 Forms

Gary Wood 16:10 22 Jan 06

I am developing a database, which uses several related tables, to store details of volunteers. I have the following tables:

1) Centres at which volunteers work
2) Volunteer details
3) Centres linked to volunteers

Table 3 contains just centre number and volunteer number and this relates the two tables allowing each centre to be assigned more than one volunteer and each volunteer to be assigned to more than one centre.

All this works fine, and when I view the Centres table, there's a little + before each row which, when clicked, displays (a) subrow(s) of the centre's assigned volunteer(s).

Although this works, it's not a particularly convenient way of viewing the data, so I've used the form wizard to create a form which has centre details at the top and then a subform which lists the volunteers for that centre.

The problem with this is I don't know how to navigate the records easily. I can move from one centre to another by clicking the forward and back buttons at the bottom of the screen, but since there are 500+ centres this is too slow.

Ideally, what I'd like is for the centre name at the top of the form to be a drop-down box so you can pop it down and select the centre to update the rest of the form to show that centre's details and volunteers.

Can anyone advise if/how this is possible?

Thanks,

Gary

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…