microsoft access 2002

madPentium 18:53 07 Aug 03

Hi all,

I have designed my tables, relationships and a nice input/inquiry form but I can't for the life of me figure out how to print a single record as an invoice. I put a command button on the form (print current record) but it prints all records.
Surely there is a way to achieve this but I am suprised MS didn't make it simpler.

Many thanks

Chris the Ancient 20:50 07 Aug 03

The way I do it...

Create a parameter query which will get a customer name, reference or whatever.

Then create the invoice as a report based on that query.

Been doing it that way for ages and it works for me.

Chris

JIM 21:19 07 Aug 03

I have no personal knowledge of access,had my daughter working on it before seeing Chris the Ancient's reply.

Not wanting to disappoint the girl i am posting it on.Maybe Chris can say if it would work or not.

This is just a suggestion, I'm not sure if it will work.

1) You need to open the form that you want to print
2) Select print from the File menu.
3) There should be an option to print selected record(s) in the print range box.

She did ask if it was print from form or table?
I said "form" on what i thought i read.

Chris the Ancient 21:35 07 Aug 03

That would work, but it would only print a replica the form - which may not actually fit on the page!

If you can use the similar sort of skills used in the form design to make a report that's better. But you would need the parameter query first.

A parameter query (quite a good description in the Help menu) puts up a dialog box for the operator to input the reuired name/reference or whatever.

Depending on the version of Access in use, there may be the sample database nwind on it. That has a lot of useful 'sample' work on it. If I'm honest, I plagiarise most of the Access stuff I design.

Within the M$ website, there are quite a few other samples of different database ideas - along with fairly easy explanations - worth a look.

HTH

Chris

JIM 22:13 07 Aug 03

Many thanks for that,at least i can say to the lass that it was a good effort on her part.Will bring a smile to the face. :)

cheers.

madPentium 22:23 07 Aug 03

THANK YOU ALL

I will try your suggestions and let you know how
stuck I get :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…