microsoft access 2000

Ruby1 15:28 13 Apr 03

I have created a database in access, i have created 2 tables with select information about property, Resale, new development each table contain information about the property,informaiton is entered via combo boxs giving the user options. I would like to know how i would search these tables for certain properties and for the database to display the results in a report.eg enter a price range and the database would display all property with in that range wether it be a resale or a new development.
I would be grateful with any help that you can give me as i am well and truely stuck but i know it is possible.

fitshase 15:59 13 Apr 03

I know it has something to do with creating a query but I cannot remember how to do it (I haven't got Access on this machine at present).

You create the query, tell it what to look for and then you run the query and have the results in a table and then convert the table to a form.

Hope this helps

Regards

Fitshase

Taran 23:54 13 Apr 03

You haven't really given enough information for a fully working solution, but to get you started you can filter the records held in the tables using multiple list-boxes.

It would help enormously to know what the fields in the tables are, the primary keys and the relationship type you have set up between the tables.

Another absolutely vital piece of information is whether or not you expect to be able to upload the database to the web and have people filter or query the records online in their web browser, in which case you are getting into .ASP coding.

Based on the little information you have supplied, you need either multiple list-box filters or one or more queries to refine the results. Without knowing your database details and the expected outputs, I can't offer anything more than these suggestions. Further information will get you a more appropriate answer.

Regards

Taran

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…