Microsoff Wireless Optical Mouse - Behaving badly

Muckleface 21:35 31 Aug 03

Hi,

Ive got the Microsfot wireless optical mouse and wireless keyboard and up until a few weeks ago they worked fine.

But now the mouse pointer keeps "jumping" to the bottom left of my screen on its own and at random!

As Im sure you can appreciate this is VERY frustrating when trying to do fine detail work on a photo!

Ive replaced the batteries in both the keyboad and the mouse and Ive reset the mouse and "wirefree" receiver a few times but nothing seems to work.

Any ideas?

Jordan

Bodi 21:42 31 Aug 03

surfaces to use your mouse. Woodchip, think that's who it was, suggested a piece of A4 paper as a mouse mat - this worked for a time for me, but then I had to keep changing surfaces.

The best surface - more reliable - was a sheet of transparent plastic - very slightly roughened with an emery cloth.

Hope this helps.

LAP 21:49 31 Aug 03

If your OS is xp can you do a system restore?
If not uninstall and reinstall the mouse and keyboard software. I use the same kit as you and apart from one lock up due to low batts mine has worked fine..Lap..

Ironman556 21:52 31 Aug 03

Agree with Bodi, but if that doesn't work try newer drivers. my Logitech optical mouse was jumping to the bottom corner, a driver/software update did the trick for me.

Also check there's no fluff or dirt underneath that interferes with the lens.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…