Microsof Silverlight!!! Any Good.

birdface 10:33 25 Jan 08

Getting fed up going into websites and getting pestered with Microsoft Silverlight pop up box appearing wanting you to download it.Ran Microsoft up-dates yesterday and it was one of their up-dates.I never downloaded it,Anybody know what it does,and is it any good.I also have Capicom installed from a previous update,Anybody tell me if that is also needed.

sunny staines 10:47 25 Jan 08

I asked this a while back too, not seen any programs or webs that need it. Not tried it yet as have nothing to view, looking like being a dead end product like BTX was in cases,& betamax in video.

Quiller. 10:50 25 Jan 08

some updates yesterday.

I was asked if I wanted it, I dithered about it but finally left it alone.

I have few problems updating defender, after putting SP1 beta on and didn't fancy anymore.

fyi
click here
if websites use it,you wont be able to view certain content similar to adoebe flash scenario.

birdface 11:03 25 Jan 08

Thanks for that.Reading between the lines.Does that mean we can get rid of Adobe if we download Silverlight.Or do we need both.

see point 4
click here
I havent come across it personally have you got a couple of links to sites that use it?

birdface 11:52 25 Jan 08

Hi,looks as though you can use the 2 of them together,But was hinting that you only need the one. Not got any links to sites that use it.Just some sites that you go into looking for information and you get this pop up wanting you to download it.I normally get off those sites fairly quickly as i find it a bit of a nuisance.

birdface 11:59 25 Jan 08

I had a look at it here,click here But it is one of those sites when you open it you cannot get out of,You try and get out and it ends up shutting the browser down,At least it does it with me,When you press View showcase,You get that pop up wanting you to download it.

birdface 17:38 27 Jan 08

Hi.Anybody out there using Microsoft Silverlight let us know if it is worth downloading or not.Will now class as resolved.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac