//some 3rd party need geo

Microsft windows validation process

Rhuddlan 21:17 07 Mar 05

Before going to download microsft antispyware earlier today, I went to go through the windows validation process and after I entered my product key, I was told it was incorrect, I did it again and was apprantley incorrect again, my other half read it out to me so I knew it wasn't me reading it wrong and again incorrect, I couldn't try again, as you are only allowed three attempts, it is the right key I am entering from the back of the tower. I have a e machines 5250 with windows xp home sp2, I only purchased the computer from currys last Thrusday. Any ideas?

bemuzed 21:26 07 Mar 05

you may have to register your software first before validating a download?

Rhuddlan 21:29 07 Mar 05

I haven't been asked to register my software as of yet. Can't think what I software I would need to register?

stalion 21:33 07 Mar 05

may be of some help click here

VoG II 21:40 07 Mar 05

Did you register Windows?

gudgulf 21:53 07 Mar 05

Did you run the validation using internet explorer?

I only ask because I have just tried the validation process on my own pc and by using the DirectX control from Microsoft the whole process was automatic....I didn,t need to enter anything at all,certainly not my product key as it just ran and came up with "genuine Microsoft" and took me to the download page.

If you have Firefox or run with DirectX disabled then you need to follow the manual route to validate.I suspect that the OS on your pc is the generic clone that Emachines use to build the all of that particular model and will have been bulk registered by the company.I may be wrong here but I think that the sticker on the machine is the genuine code you will need to enter if you ever restore your pc to factory settings and might well not be the same as the factory preset code.

Try running the check again and use the DirectX control from Microsoft through internet explorer.Be patient it can take a little while for the bar asking if you want to install the control to appear.If this fails I would get on to Curry's and ask them for an explaination of why you can't validate Windows-------I'll look forward to hearing their respnonse.

Rhuddlan 22:10 07 Mar 05

Hi VOG, no I didn't register windows never have done. I will try as gudgulf has suggested and post back, thanks everyone.

gudgulf 09:39 08 Mar 05

Here's another thought but I don't know if this would affect validation at all click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…