Microsft Office XP CD corrupted

andywolve 15:45 31 Dec 04

Hi,
I have the installation cd, but it fails to be installed onto the computer, due to a file being corrupted, its not new the cd. If i buy a trial cd from ebay, would my current product key work?

seedie 15:52 31 Dec 04

It might and it might not; you're trial cd may have a key with it. Sorry can't be more helpful but consider the number copies MS sell of the system, they can't all have a unique key.

CD

andywolve 15:59 31 Dec 04

the trial cd has a product key. what do you mean about the number copies?

Djohn 16:08 31 Dec 04

If you have a genuine Product key but a damaged CD then give Microsoft a phone call to Customer services and they will supply you with a new disk. Some times they do this free of charge but on occasions there is a small fee to pay.

Tel no. 0870 60 10 100

€dstowe 16:08 31 Dec 04

If your CD is genuine and it is faulty, Microsoft will normally replace it either free of charge or for a small fee.

€dstowe 16:09 31 Dec 04

Snap!

Djohn 16:27 31 Dec 04

Perfect timing! ;o)

Happy new year to you, and all that read this thread. dj.

andywolve 16:28 31 Dec 04

yeah thx for your help, Happy New year!!

€dstowe 16:29 31 Dec 04

- - - - and a Happy New Year to you, Djohn and everyone at, in and around PCA forums.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…