Microphone/Headset

Can someone recommend to me a good microphone/headset (all in one hopefully). I need a fairly good one for voice recognition etc. I am looking to spend in the region of £50 but I don't really know what I am looking for. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Meshuga 19:42 01 May 05

I have recently purchase a headset/mic from crucible technologies. Cost inc vat £23-44. They do have more expensive ones. I also got a telephone/ headset adaptor which allows you to plug in both the headset and your telephone so that you can switch from one to the other. That cost £35-19. Their web site is click here Hope this helps.

Thanks Meshuga but a lot those seem to be for use with telephones. I need them for computers.

Stuartli 20:45 01 May 05

I got a US Blaster multimedia stereo headphone microphone headset through a friend's trade account for a little over a fiver, which works well.

Using Skype previously, the caller could hear an echo (probably from my speakers), so I got the headset and a twin jackplug output from a single jackplug adapter for my soundcard.

The adapter goes into my soundcard's speakers jackplug socket and the double section carries the speakers jackplug and that of the headset.

To use the headset I switch off the speakers and turn up the headset's volume control and vice-versa.

Incidentally, apart from the click here website, the only other reference I found for the headset was on a Romanian based web page.

The price was nearly 400 Romanian coins of the realm. When I checked out the purchase cost there it turned out to be just 76p...:-)

Could someone advise on the technical specification I should be looking at also.

SANTOS7 21:20 01 May 05

Been useing this for a couple of years now can't fault it click here

UncleBulgaria 22:04 01 May 05

I'm currently using Plantronics PC USB headset and microphone and quality is excellent. Use it regulary on Skype. No one has complained yet....

click here

woodchip 22:09 01 May 05

Well I have found that using one from a £Pound shop work's just as good as the others for me

Audeal 23:31 01 May 05

I got one from a pound shop for my sister and she tells me it works OK.

Arnie 00:38 02 May 05

As UncleBulgaria says, Plantronics headsets are of excellent quality. Argos sell the Audio 60 noise cancelling model for £17.99.

I too use Skype; latest version here.

click here

harps1h 07:12 02 May 05

try the medusa 5.1 headset from click here

bought them in april and they are very good

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…