Microphone and Wheel support question

Madboy 21:35 16 Apr 04

Sorry, 2 problems here.

1) I have an old microphone i found in the attic, used to have software i believe, but i cant find it. Anyway, i connected it in the appropriate slot at the back of my pc and then restarted to see if the effects had been made. But with no success, no programs could pick up speech through the mic (i even tried connecting the mic through all appropriate jacks at the back). So, could anyone proprose a solution to make this work?

2) Im a software developer running Visual Basic 6, ive got a second hand Mouse Wheel here (which came with no software or anything). Anyway from the IDE of VIsual Basic apparently you can get new driver files for the mouse to make the Scrollbars within the Visual Basic IDE react to the Mouse's wheel. (The IDE is basically take MS Word for example, code/text trough the middle with Scrollbars).

Would appreciate any info regarding to either problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface PC release date, price and specs: All-in-one Surface PC to directly rival iMac

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…