microphone sounds not being recognised help

patso 23:13 03 Jan 07

can anyone help me with this problem .my pc seems not to recognise the microphone input.when i open speech i cannot get in to the properties to see if i can adjust the settings.the balance button in volume control is greyed out. i cant get into the speech recognition settings they are greyed out as well.i am trying to set up a headset to talk on line with a mic but am having no luck.can anyone help with this problem thanks?

terryf 23:26 03 Jan 07

My computer>right click>properties>hardware>device manager and make sure that the microphone is listed with no yellow marks against it. Control panel>sounds and audio devices> audio and voice tabs. Check to see if Mike is set as input device and use testing facilities here.

patso 23:37 03 Jan 07

thanks terry .there does not seem to be a mic anywhere in device manager or in sound and audio devices.i know there was one before any ideas .thanks again for replying.it just tells me sound max digital audio or underneath there is various modems

patso 20:27 07 Jan 07

i found the answer to my problem.i had to get my ms word disk and install speech recognition from tools-speech then configure the mic and go thru the speech training.now i can hear and record thru the mic i also had to disable 1 mic2 select boost in volume control before it would work.thiis for anyone else who might have this problem in future.thanks again to anyone who replied

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5