Microphone sound level too low.

Daibus 14:10 27 Apr 06

I´m just trying out an Acer Aspire 5612 laptop and am generally pleased with it apart from one thing.
I cannot get the sound via the microphone at a good level. My ADSL speed is fine and I´ve adjusted all the sound levels, including the microphone slider, to maximum and this morning I tried it with Skype and the recipient said the level was very low.There is the option of using the microphone on the computer itself which is built in, but this level is even lower and not really usable.

The OS is Wndows XP Home and the sound card is Realtek High Definition Audio. As I say I like the Acer but if it is not possible to improve the sound level from the microphone I would rather return the laptop for a different make as I use VOIP quite a lot so would therefore be very grateful for your comments.

Cheers.

rsinbad 15:06 27 Apr 06

Have you selected the correct sound devices in skype under options.

Also have you tested the microphone in the sounds and audio devices in the control pannel?

Daibus 15:49 27 Apr 06

Thank´s for your reply but I`ve tried the sound testing device via Start then into Accessories/ Entertainment/Sound Recorder and again the level is low and the mike has to be virtually up against your mouth to get a reasonable level.In Skype I´ve also tried Windows Default and Realtek Audio Output but there does not seem to be any difference between the two - which is the correct setting of these two anyway?

Cheers again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…