Microphone software test

Fyrebird1 12:11 20 Nov 05

I have just bought a new Creative Live! webcam with microphone. The cam works perfectly but the microphone doesnt. I was advised to try the software test on the control panel for XP. It doesnt work. First i get a norton message saying theres an attempt to connect, which i allow and then i get the error message " an error occured during direct play voice set up error code is OX80004005. The i get a message saying DPVsetup.exe use add remove programmes control panel to install.

Then im stuck as what do i do next?

ACOLYTE 12:15 20 Nov 05

click here may help

Fyrebird1 12:44 20 Nov 05

Thanks Acoloyte, sadly it didnt work, any other suggestions?

Klof Ron 12:50 20 Nov 05

Control Panel/Sounds and Audio Devices/Audio (and) Voice tabs check your default device for voice recording is set to your webcam mike.

Fyrebird1 13:04 20 Nov 05

Klof Ron

The option for webcam mike doesnt seem to be there?

ACOLYTE 13:09 20 Nov 05

Have you checked the micrphone is not muted in the sound control panel?also try runing dxdiag from the run box,then goto the network tab and click the directplay voice options tab there is a wizard and a troubleshooter option,try the wizard first.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…