Microphone problem

Kevscar1 15:33 16 Mar 10

Got a Steel Series USB headset with built in sound card and microphone. This worked fine until I unplugged it to use in voice recorder in Dec.
Just tried it today and nothing. Dead. Checked Recording devices nothing muted, set as default device. Ok tried configuring nothing. Speech recogniton does pick it up anymore. Searched for new drivers no good.
Looks Ok in device driver. Uninstalled through that rebooted reinstalled nothing. Plugged back into voice recorder work fine. Tried front and rear mic jacks still nothing. Checked that it,s switched on at mike and controller.
Any ideas, downloaded a 7 day trial of voice command software so I can play FPS games again but now I can,t try it out.

lotvic 21:44 16 Mar 10

If nowt on click here that helps, I'll not be of any use... :(

Kevscar1 07:21 17 Mar 10

Thanks but I think the problem is the computer. Even when I plug it into the front or rear audio jack the computer does not pick it up.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…