microphone is muted after W8 install

Newuser3477 17:01 PM 12 Apr 13

I have upgraded my Win 7 laptop Toshiba SX200 to Win 8 pretty successfully. However I cannot get my internal microphone to work. When I am trying to use Skype it shows the mike is muted or off. How can I reset this or do I have to install some software.The microphone reference in device manager is Microphone(2-High Definition Audio Device) AudioEndPoint. Help would be appreciated

onthelimit1 17:03 PM 12 Apr 13

I suspect the driver is missing. Try visiting the Toshiba site to see if there is a W8 one there.

onthelimit1 17:04 PM 12 Apr 13

Try here

Newuser3477 09:49 AM 13 Apr 13

I tried the Toshiba site as recommended. No Win 8 audio drivers were offered for my laptop model. I downloaded the Vista/Win 7 drivers but these failed to install. Are there ant proprietary audio drivers which I can buy which would do the job. It is very frustrating not to be able to use Bkype. Thanks

chub_tor 10:14 AM 13 Apr 13

If you go to the Toshiba Windows 8 compatibility checker and put in the short name SX200 it comes up with the message that this model is not compatible with Windows 8. You could try running SIW or something similar to see if your audio details are listed and then go to the manufacturer's site to find if they have Win 8 drivers. Alternatively you could buy a USB camera and microphone combo and use that for Skype.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Rugby World Cup 2015 online: Watch live, catch up on-demand & stream the 2015 Rugby…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

See immersive artist and storyteller Chris Milk speak at London VR event

What everyone thinks of the new Steve Jobs movie | 21 Facts about the Steve Jobs film | PLUS:…